Tuesday, November 10, 2009

On the team

So, how cool is this? I've been selected to represent Warwick University - in a team of about 10 or 12 - at the UPC 9 Ball Pool Championships in Liverpool. I shall be the only female on the team, to the best of my knowledge.

Pot, pot. What could be more fun? And to go for a try-out off the cuff like that, cracking out the trusty old cue like Dracula from his wooden crate, only having played the odd game over the past few years, and get a spot on the team straight off ... well, it's very gratifying.

Now I just have to sort out some childcare for the three days of the Championships.

2 comments:

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Jane

As the indirect result of a misspent youth, I'm a pretty good pool player myself. I'll give you a game sometime.

Best wishes from Simon

Unknown said...

I too have misspent youth syndrome, but I wouldn't dare challenge you' you'd probably beat the pants off me! Good luck :)