Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Not Beaten Yet

Time for a Raw Light relaunch?

I was taken aback the other week when, answering a friend's questions during a lit-mag interview, it was suggested that Raw Light, i.e. this blog, was 'over'.

Is that truly people's perception, that this blog has gone the way of all flesh, or rather that my poetry career has tumbled in that direction? That in turning to prose, I have somehow closed the door on poetry altogether?

I know that I've been very busy elsewhere, and indeed have a new blog for my historical fiction as Victoria Lamb, but I genuinely wasn't aware that Raw Light had become a dead space. But perhaps my usual readers feel it is no longer worth visiting. Over the past year I've thought of my poetry blog as being on hiatus, on a sabbatical, not dead but just resting - "pining for the fjords," as it were.

The problem, as with most things, has been time. Time closely followed by energy. Or rather a shortage of both.

So this is a promise, or a threat, or both, and a reminder that Raw Light is not beaten yet. It's been going since 2005 and it's still on the air. These things are cyclical. And maybe that giant wheel is slowly juddering back round again. We'll see.

3 comments:

Jane Holland said...

Thank you, Bo!

Jx

Kathleen Jones said...

Course it's not over! Very happy to see posts however infrequent. I also juggle prose and poetry and blogs etc - great admiration for all you do!

Kathleen Jones said...

Course it's not over! Very happy to see posts however infrequent. I also juggle prose and poetry and blogs etc - great admiration for all you do!