Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Don't Call Myself a Poet: a grumpy interview

Poetry: the days when the pen is mightier than the Mac
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I was recently interviewed by Emine Ahmet on a website of interviews with contemporary British poets: I Don't Call Myself A Poet.

For some reason, lost in the mists of time, I was in a particularly cynical and terse mood the day I was interviewed, and it shows in my responses. Another day might have seen me more inclined to my natural charm and joie de vivre, ho ho. But alas, I am instead doomed to go down - in the history of this website at least - as a grumpy old bag.

My favourite Q&A from the interview:
What keeps you writing and sharing your work with a society that seems to be listening less each day?
 
Stupidity and egotism, I expect.

Read more of this poetry interview at I Don't Call Myself A Poet.

No comments: